Daily Vitamin and Mineral Intake Recommendations
- Vitamins D, K, and Calcium are absorbed particularly well when taken together.
- If you take Niacin (B-3) as a separate supplement, it may give you a strong red flash on face, neck and arms. It will last for 15-45 minutes, and the flash normal and expected.
- Magnesium through the skin (transdermal) is best! Get a magnesium lotion or magnesium oil. Supplementing magnesium may increase your bowel movements and soften your stool. If you don’t want that, use magnesium oil in small doses, e.g. half-teaspoon daily on your skin.
- Keep the Iron away from Magnesium. If your Iron is in a multivitamin, keep the time of taking the multi-v apart from the time you rub yourself with magnesium.
- If you’re a smoker, refrain from smoking at least one hour after taking your supplements. Nicotine decreases the your body’s potential for absorption.
- You may want to compare this post to my previous one titled Essential Supplements.